let me be scared

Im afraid. I'm afraid of a lot. But just enough.



I'm afraid of failure but I'm afraid to never try. I'm afraid of the dark but I embrace the night. I'm afraid of their laughter but i laugh inside. I'm afraid of love but I'm afraid I won't have yours. I'm afraid of lost time but I hurry to wait. I'm afraid of losing my family but I'm never home on the weekends. I'm afraid of my imagination yet here I am still writing.



I'm afraid of elevators but won't take the stairs. I'm afraid of snakes but....yeah, I'm just afraid of snakes. I'm afraid of being average but I'm so far from perfect. I'm afraid of drowning but I take showers everyday.



I'm afraid of the thorns but I still smell the roses.

I'm terrified of life but here I am still living.

Comments

  1. I liked it very much. You say what your afraid of, but you still do the things your afraid of. You conquer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first one. In a sense you can't be afraid of failure unless you try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm terrified of life but here I am still living. " Brought it all together exquisitely. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deep, very deep. Way cool how ya worded all of this. I really like how you faced all your fears and not just wrote about how much of a pansy you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the way you used and worded each thing you're afraid of. just wonderful. the last line "I'm terrified of live, but here I am still living." Bravo...bravo..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment