the way that we used to be

You picked me up around 7 or 8, and we talked and laughed and drove around all night. Took me to the hills for a film play under the stars. You didnt watch, neither did i. Lost in thoughts and what ifs. You took the chance and held my hand. Golden, excited eyes. All i see. Wanted to freeze that moment, so i could stop and stare.


I wasnt sure what it would be but all i could see was the dark blue sky, the stars shine bright and your smiling eyes beneath your lids. I held my breath, tasted your lips and felt your skin. Just wanted to be your everything. We could be anything.


We lived our lives together then. And i was such a fool for you. You were by my side, with your hand in mine. You had the heart to my key. Those nights, whispers. i smiled because the words sounded so cute and right. You were the guy that held my world still when my life got shook. Didnt care what i wore, no matter what, i still found your love. All i knew, i was safe when you were around. Held me in your arms, kissed me on my nose, just taking your time.  Midnight always came just a bit too soon. Its the realest it could get. I just......Mmmm.


But then that year came around, you're mom wanted you for herself. She took you back, against our will. It was never going to be simple, but just realize. We were perfect for each other. Still stormy weather and the rain never let up. Tried to hold strong but now its been over a year. I feel it as fresh as the day we had to say goodbye. You just kept on walking by, fighting from each side. Its crashing down on me now. Reality.


Reminicse when we made that mistake. But ill remember we had a damn good time when we were together. My lullaby, i only heard it once. Yet i still dream of that melody over and over again, hoping to open my eyes to that look in your own. Just come back and meet me halfway, we could be how we used to be. We wont have to worry if we missed out on eachother. Take me back to those days. I miss that past, but thats just it. It's past. I miss everything. When the days were long and the world was small. Being old has its perks, but i miss those old days and the way that we used to be.


And now I love you enough to give her time too. Every girl deserves to have at least a little time with someone like you. But when you're finally done with her, just know i've been waiting a long time. I see that look and i know i've always been yours, even when she is. I hate to disappoint you, but shes not the girl for you.


Its been too long since ive seen you. Worsens by the day. You just tell me its easier to be without me than be with me without being with me. Now i have to run from feelings i used to not have to ignore. Its taken me so long to realize what i was feeling. Love is outdated. Overated. Ill just be your memory, your lullaby, all that time. Its been some time since we've been together but i have a confession to make. Its hard to find a love like yours, you've kept my heart captive. i just needed you to know.... If god gave me two... I'd still spend them both loving you.

Comments

  1. I really want to give you a hug right now. It's so real and raw I feel guilty reading this. This is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment