Those Zs

sleep. zzzzzz.............. i dont know about you but i dont have a bubble above my head when i sleep with a bunch of z's filling it up. when im trying to fall asleep and things are crazy in my head, magical sheep with numbers painted on them dont appear. and the sandman? honestly... im still trying to figure that one out but i have a baseball bat under my bed just in case. sand doesnt feel good in your eyes. but i still love sleep. its my paradise. i can do things i cant do in reality.

reality. i dont fly. i cant breathe underwater. i cant speak spanish. i dont know how to tie a slip knot. my toothpaste always seems to be out. my spreadable butter is unspreadable. my hair doesnt look like the girl in the magazine. my shower lies to me and tells me i can sing. my clothes change color when i get to school and makes them not match. 2 + 2 isnt 5 anymore. its 6? thats how well math goes. the stop lights go from green to red. forget yellow. yellow isnt a creative color anymore i guess?


dreams. green is a creative color. im always really confused when i wake up. when im sleeping, the dream makes sense. and flying isnt weird. why would it be weird? all you need to do is jump and stick your arms out. its like riding a bike.... i tried it when i woke up and i just landed on the ground again. i like dreaming better. i can breathe underwater. dont try that either.


naptime. the alarm is going off in 5 minutes. i try harder to fall asleep to get that beloved 30 seconds of freedom. freedom from the world, my life, my mind. i finally get perfectly comfortable. the temperature is just cool enough to snuggle in my blanket but warm enough to make it feel like a hug. the pillow is laying at the perfect angle to support my head, high enough for elevation but low enough to touch my neck. my pillow smells like laundry detergent. and its cold. cold pillows....enough said. the blanket is at a perfectly awkward position so my feet, 10 feet away, can stay warm along with my neck. i get butterflies just thinking about the solitude of the coming sedation. i closed my eyes... sleep is coming.... and...... the light's still on.

Comments

  1. "freedom from the world, my life, my mind." So yeah. That's my life in just eight little words. Thanks for summing it up.

    "The light's still on." uuuuuggghhhh.



    perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment