Father Knows Best

Father knows Best

Born to a virgin, they said it couldn’t be so.
For the Son of God, to be lying there so low.

Not much of a childhood, I grew to know the plan.
I needed to be faithful for the salvation of every man.

I’m more than just a guy, a face in the crowd
The haters will spit, but the believers will bow

I knew it wouldn’t be peaceful but I was meant to die
It might be hard, but for my Father, I’ll try.

I’m meant to ride with clouds beneath my knees,
And Ill suffer for your sin, where no one else will see.

I’ll be alone for a while, so someday we’ll be together
I beg for release, but Father said it’s for the better

They’ll take me then and upon my head some thorns
They’ll be the scared and frightened ones when the sky is filled with horns.

I fade in the pain, hanging high above
Take away my mother, and make sure she knows my love

They’re pleased with the murder, gone is the Son
Forgive them my Father; they know not what they’ve done

One day the children will be home, sitting at my knee
Once blind and unbelieving, but then they’ll finally see.

The plan we fought for worked, we did it; you and me
We’ll forever be in His glory, and live infinitely.

Comments