730 days


I feel him next to me at night, hear his steady breath.
I'm tucked in. I have sleepy eyes.
he’s singing our songs.
he turns to me and kisses my forehead.
my last sense of touch before reality overtakes me again.
I'm desperate for his voice, touch, that look.
he's gone his way and I need to go mine, just until then.
goodbyes are hard but not when it's only when the sun touches the sea.
this time it’s not.
Ill muster every ounce of confidence I have and for him... I will.
until the sun rises 730 times... then he'll be back to me.
Ill canon ball into the dark water, camouflage for my already wet lashes.
give me a little time... like 730 days.
all of my tears will air dry... with just that "little" time.
Ill wander these streets, nothing tasting as sweet as what I won't have.
every day consists of red flags and mailboxes.
Ill cling to the words he scribbled 3 weeks ago.
I say I miss him... Because I do, I'm missing without him.
the one thing im missing.
I cant do this forever.
my chest rises and falls. but I won’t fall.
he makes me weak but with him I'm strong
two hearts have combined.... one part is across the ocean.
he’s across the world’s skies.
somewhere, sometime, he thinks of me. I hope just once…. or 730 times.
It'll be his face, the smile I see while I float in dreaming clouds.
his eyes love me, I can see it when they start dancing.
happiness leaks. soul to soul.
return, he will… may be awhile. or forever.
how long is forever. 
 ill take him away. Together.
have a place by the water and…
730 days
make or break we’ll make this together.
a thousand ways to say I love you.
 two hearts that are mine.
 three words to claim you to me
…and 730 days without you.

Comments