...Marrying...


My brother is in love. Or so he says. It scares me... Marriage? What is that? Just last year we were crashing high school parties together and dating each other's friends. We were best friends... or are we still?

She takes attention. MY attention. I thought I would hate her, it was pre-decided. (based on what his previous girlfriends were like) but... but..... no I don't like her. Or maybe I like her, but not how my brother is shaping a new life and forgetting me? But maybe I hate her, but like how my brother is the happiest he's ever been?

What if he forgets about me? His baby sister?

This time it actually might work out. I'm scared. I'm scared for him, I'm scared for me, I'm scared of how my parents would react, I'm scared of inviting HER family into MY family. They're mine. I'm selfish... who isn't?

But...... I think I like her. She's more than his other half. She's his other two thirds....

She was a part of our family before she was in our family. I liked her before I knew her. I accepted it before it happened.

His life isn't the only one changing. Instead of losing a best friend, I've gained two. The sister I've never had is now in my fave five, we talk about the guys I like, the problems we both have, we shop together, we eat together... we're even facebook friends?

Yes, I think..... I think I kind of like her.

Comments