his return.


i feel the wall crashing down again.
he had been away for so long.
my heart beats harder and his gate shuts off in my throat
i can feel his waters lapping at the back of my eyes.
but he is strong. we are strong.
he has to be, the choice is simple and secret.
those secrets.
they scrape, scarring the inside of the wall.
they never escape.
they CAN'T escape.
the wall protects my heart at it's weakest.
when all else crumbles down, he holds strong for me.
he really is the only one i've learned to trust.
we were best friends for awhile.
and he's come back.
I never doubted he'd show up soon, with all the commotion.
unbreakable.
unreachable.
unwarmable.
he chills my heart and puts hot irons down my throat.
but i love him.
he takes me away.
he lets me hurt in private.
the water on my face dries before anyone can see.
and this time, i think he may be staying for awhile.

Comments