Butterflies

I love you
You see, those words can only go for awhile
and I can only run so far
I need to show you
but i cant and
I need your eyes to touch my lips
Your hands to feel my heart
Your voice nearly mocks me
the Tear stains and red calendar Xs
But then...
that smile..oh that smile and
The sparkle reaches out for your eyes
And suddenly I'm glowing and I cant help
But I help but to say it and when I say it
What I really mean to say is;
There are these knots.
These knots in my chest, heavy and I cant breathe s-l-o-w-l-y
I fill my lungs and the butterflies flood
the airway and..
So I laugh, because it tickles.
You see, what I truly mean is that… that they’re
Fuzzy. And they have wings and antennae and
FEELINGS
And I try to say it before the
Blood leaks onto my cheeks and the ivory fades away
And then you say those three words back and...
Butterflies!!
Jammed. In that place they’d just been and…
 flutter.
The blood, yes the blood has stained my cheeks,
And when I REALLY mean from all this banter is…
And those bugs, they feel so heavy and
my chest feels too light.
Too small for all that clutter.
My heart is claustrophobic
and wants oxygen way too soon.
And all they say is that I’m falling, falling so hard
But I feel like im…
Flying!
and those are clouds and stars and and…more…
Fluttering.
But honestly, im scared of heights
So there, ill just jump.
Ill jump closer…
Close enough to see that green flake you don’t see
And the stubbled chin. …
And I breathe this time
and I breathe YOU in.
and what I mean is…
I cant just look, I finally need to see.
See him.
Understand why even the sunglasses hurt my eyes
When he stands there and shines…
My CHEST might collapse
And my fingers feel cold
And there’s an earthquake surrounding my body and it's getting old
…Three words…
they pass through my trembling lips,
I see them float off yours.
And when I say those letters, harmonizing letters
Im talking about those butterflies.
When I say those three words;
I love you.
Just remember….. all I really mean is…
butterflies.

Comments