Come Walk with Me


The world was small and so were we
Spilled cheerios and jam faces
I stood for my brother and he told me,
Come walk to me
Related to him, laughing with him, life with him

The world grew into me and I grew into the world
Skinned knees but a happy face
I held my daddy’s strong hand and he told me,
Come walk near me
Protected by him, loved by him, only with him.

High school was my world and I felt so big.
Lustful drama and masked faces
I fell for him and he didn’t help me stand, he said
Come walk behind me
Hidden after him, scared of him, life with him.

The world became mean and I felt so small
Broken heart and tear streaked face
I knelt to pray and He said
Come walk with me
Shining through Him, renewed in Him, Life through Him.

My world was bright, and I was finally just fine
Mended heart, I found the missing half
And he knelt in front of me when he asked;
To Come walk beside him
Wear white with him, create life with him, spend eternity with him.

Comments