Prayer to the Father


Girl I’ve been thinking of us and all we could be

The life to come and the memories we could see

So I’ll take this night and whisper my plea

To your father and redeemer, please hear me, my king;



Should I marry this princess

Should I make her my whole world

Should I make our lives one and give this a whirl

Should I bless her with eternity for the rest of her life

Should I make her my lovely, my beloved, my wife



Girl I’ve been prayin about us and all we can be

Our life about to come and the memories that’ll be

I must pray to ask the father of my bride soon to be

Your daddy, an angel, please hear me this eve’



Can I marry your princess

Can I have your whole world

Can I make our lives one, and give it a whirl

Can I bless her with eternity for the rest of her life

Can I make your daughter my lovely, my beloved, my wife.



Please, I beg to have your princess, to make her my queen.

Can I gain your love and understanding,

Along with your blessing



Can I marry your princess

Comments