I Want to Shine


“Don’t shine so that others may see you…shine so that through you, others may see Him.”

I want to shine. I want to be that girl who walks in the room and makes everyone smile. I want to light a room without saying a word. I’ll give all that I am just to emanate His light and His goodness. The one who always takes the good from the bad and she literally radiates happiness, strength, independence, confidence, love, and surety. I want to shine. And who am I not to share this light? It’s hard to be an example of something I am not, but I am a Daughter of God. Brilliant, gorgeous, talented, caring. I am powerful beyond measure. There is nothing brilliant in shrinking so that others don’t feel insecure around me. We were meant to rise up our voices and give everything we got. I was born to make manifest the glories of our God. I am a light on a hill. And as I let my own light shine, it will give others the confidence to do the same. And I’ll be all I can be through Him and with Him, so I can give it to others and go and do what I promised Him. When the battles of this life are through, He’ll take me and call me faithful, His daughter, a fighter for his righteous army, a gatherer of souls. I am ready to stand at the edge, seeing darkness below and have enough faith to jump and know that there will either be something solid below me or I will learn to fly. Courage and faith are not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than that fear. I have been torn down 9 times in my life but I have the courage, THE FAITH, to stand a little taller. Scars have the power to remind us that our past was real but that we were stronger than whatever tried to hurt us. For “yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things.” Through Christ and the atonement, scars are healed, both physically and spiritually. The plan reclaims each and every one of us if only we seek to find that light that resonates in every single one of us. I will be a pure stream. I will give unconditionally and emit these rays with the light of Christ in my eyes.  It was my destiny to win, I was never meant to fail and therefore I WILL not fail. I’ll know my way and hold to that ray of light. I will shine. Because of Him.

Comments